Thursday, December 08, 2011

Photo Tip for Scrapbook Pages

To give your pages a more clean, professional look: Mat your photos.  

This is something I learned very early on when I started scrapbooking.  Photos look so much better when matted (at least I think so).  When I don't mat my photos, my pages seem flat and unfinished.

This isn't to say that un-matted photos don't ever have a place on scrapbook pages.  Just the other day I was at the Fiskars project webpage and saw a mini album with un-matted photos but the photos had sewn stitches on the insides of the edges - essentially creating a border around the person in the photo.  I thought that was really interesting. 

I haven't tried sewing on my pages yet...though I'm fairly certain that Santa brought me a little handheld sewing machine, I just have to wait til the end of the month to use it. I think I'm displaying impressive self-control by not opening an early gift!

No comments: